Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jacquard Tie Dye Should I Wash Newly Dyed Tie-dye Shirts Together?

Should I wash newly dyed tie-dye shirts together? - jacquard tie dye

Yesterday I had a kit to Tie-Dye (for jacquard, if a significant part) of five tie-dye shirts. Following instructions, I let them rest for 24 hours for the entire dyeing. I removed the rubber bands, and washed each shirt for herself in a basin with clean water to wash any dye absorbed as instructions.

However, the instructions are very vague in this section. Seemed to believe that the team owner would only make one folder at a time, to wash me, "the shirt in the washing machine with warm water and soap."

So I wonder, it's okay, they all together? I am afraid that no additional dye bleed and ruin all the shirts. Moreover, it seems wasteful to run the washing machine once for each shirt, but if nREQUIRED, I guess I will. Jacquard me a riddle. I will not ruin my shirt.

Is there someone to tell me what to do?

2 comments:

Paula B said...

You can wash them all together, because the Dye Kit Jacquard Procion fiber reactive dyes well contained. Rit Dye is only intended to be all washed separately.

After leaving the dyed T-shirts with jacquard kit to sit for 24 hours, all the dye molecules are fully implemented, either in tissue or water. At this point, is absolutely sure everything in the washing machine and wash it dump you. Always wash with cold water first set individually, but he has already taken this step a rinse in the sink. The nest step is to wash in hot water, 140 ° C or more, if possible. It takes often two wash with warm water to get all the excess dye location.

Only hot water will remove the last biTS excess dye in bulk. There is increasing wash stain with this type of dye. Once you have everything out, it is safe to wash the shirts at any temperature, including linen. If no dye transfer occurs between the shirts so that the hot water wash.

If you wash your tie dye after only four to six hours, can remain active certain dyes. At this stage it is not advisable to wash different colors. Is it safe to wash all the colors together until he has enough time for all the dyes react. In an area that 70 ° C or warmer, twenty-four hours is sufficient.

EricH said...

I will probably start you wash them separately

Post a Comment